What's new
Tiêu Dật Tài / Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitter reacts to death of Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers

Gale Sayers has died at the age of 77, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced on Wednesday. While his career was cut short by injuries, the "Kansas Comet" made a lasting impact in the seven years he was in the league. He was the youngest player ever inducted into the Hall of Fame when given a gold jacket in 1977. Hall of Famer and Legend Gale Sayers has pa sed away at the age of 77.More: Pro Football Hall of Fame (@ProFootballHOF) In the statement of his pa sing, Hall of Fame president and CEO David Baker said:"All those who love Sergio Romo Jersey the game of football mourn the lo s of one of the greatest to ever play this game with the pa sing of legend Gale Sayers. He was the very e sence of a team player -- quiet, una suming and always ready to compliment a teammate for a key block. Gale was an extraordinary man who overcame a great deal of adversity during his NFL career and life."Sayers played his entire NFL career with the Chicago Bears, and with them he became a five-time All-Pro who, two-time league leading rusher and winner of the NFL Comeback Player of the Year award.Commi sioner Roger Goodell also commented on the life and career of Sayers, saying, "The NFL family lost a true friend today with the pa sing of Gale Sayers. Gale was one of the finest men in NFL history and one of the game's most exciting players." A statement Jazz Chisholm Jersey from NFL Commi sioner Roger Goodell on the pa sing of legendary RB Gale Sayers Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) Condolences and recognition of his career flooded Twitter after the news dropped. The football community paid tribute to the NFL great. Here are some of the reactions: The entire Pro Football Hall of Fame family mourns the pa sing of Gale Sayers. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Ardie, and their entire family. We will forever keep his legacy alive to serve as inspiration for future generations. | Brian Anderson Jersey Pro Football Hall of Fame (@ProFootballHOF) "Give me 18 inches of daylight. That's all I need."One of the greatest to ever play the game. Rest in peace, Gale Sayers. (via ) NFL (@NFL) It is with great sadne s the Chicago Bears mourn the lo s of Bears Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers. Sayers amplified what it meant to be a Chicago Bear both on and off the field. He was regarded as an extraordinary teammate, leader, husband and father. He was 77. Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) Bears Chairman George H. McCaskey: Coach Halas said it best, when presenting Gale for induction at the Hall of Fame: His like Caleb Smith Jersey will never be seen again. Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) Hall of Famer Dick Butkus: Will mi s a great friend who helped me become the player I became because after practicing and scrimmaging against Gale I knew I could play against anybody. We lost one of the best Bears ever and more importantly we lost a great person. Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) A look back at some of our favorite moments with The Kansas Comet through the years. Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) Gale Sayers was someone who I admired long before I arrived in Chicago. I loved his approach to the game and of course, how he played it. He inspired me to be great in a city that loves sports like no other. RIP to one of the s best ever. Scottie Pippen (@ScottiePippen) "Trying to tackle Gale Sayers was like trying to catch a candy wrapper in a wind storm. -Steve SabolRest in Peace to the Kansas Comet. NFL Films (@NFLFilms) Gale Sayers has pa sed away at the age of 77. RIP Kansas Comet. Jarrett Payton (@paytonsun) RIP legend Damien Woody (@ Sandy Alcantara Jersey damienwoody) RIP Charles Woodson (@CharlesWoodson) I asked Gale Sayers for the best advise he ever received. From his HS football coach: when its you vs 1 person you should win 100% of the time, when its you vs 2 people you win 75% of the time. Set your expectations higher than others imagine, then exceed them. RIP ashton kutcher (@aplusk)